24.10.11

My 2 experimental sound pieces inspired by Jean-Luc Godard

Qu'est-le que c'est degueulasse? by doro fu One of the most important New Wave movie A bout de souffle(1960) and it is my favourite movie, i recorded the last scene which it is the most controversial one, Michel(the car thief) threw a cruel comment just before he died to Patricia, the girl who actually called the police so Michel got shot when he was escaping. A man was being betrayed and even 'killed' by a sweetheart. I re-edited the conversation and added a intensive drum soundtrack indicating the heartbeat of Michel while emphasizing the word: dégueulasse Je suis vraiment dégueulasse - Qu'est ce qu'il a dit ? - Il a dit : "vous êtes vraiment une dégueulasse" - Qu'est-ce que c'est "dégueulasse" Michel:"Life's a bitch." Patricia:"What did he say?" Police: "He said,'You're a bitch.' (déguellasse)" Patrica:"What's a déguellasse?" déguellasse in French is meaning discussing it is an expression but what is the real meaning of it for Michel or Patricia.. nobody knows...
Qu'est ce que je peux faire?Je sais pas quoi faire! by doro fu I selected the famous line of Anna Karina as Marianne Renoir in the movie- Pierrot le fou by Jean-Luc Godard in 1965. The metronome intercrossed with my breathe, with the guitar and subtle keyboard tones and intensive effect of the conversation, this gives me a moment to reflect what am i doing and do i really wanna know. Marianne Renoir: Qu'est ce que je peux fairs? Je sais pas quoi faire!!! (In English: What am I going to do? I I don't know what to do!!!) http://soundcloud.com/ doro-fu

No comments:

Post a Comment